Monday, May 29, 2006


So today being Memorial Day, and a nice day for Juneau, Elizabeth and I decided to hike up to the tram on Mt. Roberts. It's a two-mile hike from sea level to 1800 ft. where the tram is, the peak is another mile and a half or so up the trail. Took us about an hour and a half to make it up, which I hope is better than it did when I was 12! We're still working on getting into shape. :-P There were some great views of the city and harbor from various points on the trail, the rest of the time though we really had to watch our feet! Water breaks were frequent, as were stops to talk to other German shepherd owners....
Anyway, there was indeed some snow near the top of the trail and I decided it was time for a cheesy touristy shot of me standing in snow in the month of May for all of you. Hope you like it! Next post: The visitor center and tram! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home