Saturday, June 03, 2006

I was hiking by myself and so I didn't get to have a nice picture taken of me surrounded by mountains or anything, so I attempted a self-portrait. In other news, this trail was about 1.75 miles from beginning to end, and then you had to take it back, so it's about 3.5 miles total. 4.0 if you count the walk from Elizabeth's to the trail head. :-P
Friday I met Beth Matthews, the biologist I'll be working for at UAS. She studies harbor seal populations and the effects of tourism. We talked about what she needs help with, and I should be doing some data entry and cataloging of the articles she has amassed. Her philosophy is that people who have a connection with the data they are entering make less mistakes, so I'll be going out to do a little field work and get a first hand look at the harbor seals. :-D Also, I'll be learning how to use EndNote, a bibliographic program that allows you to enter bib. data and then just hit a button to transform the information into a reference or citation. Sounds like amazing help, apparently you can use it to catalogue research too. Cooool stuff.
While I was walking I was passed *twice* by a little old lady on a bicycle, who I couldn't resist taking a quick picture of as she passed. I was also passed by many the dog-walker... :-(

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home